Monday, April 18, 2005

Fasting (or Semi-Fasting) Day 1

Topher, thanks for setting this up!

Beno, glad to hear you're going to try to participate in the fast! Deb and I are also going to try to participate, although she has lunch meetings tomorrow and Wednesday, so she'll have to eat then. I actually have a lunch interview tomorrow, but I'm going to try to either switch with someone else, or stick to having a smoothie for lunch; hopefully, the interviewee won't think Google's filled with cultists. So far I'm thinking that the fast won't be so bad, since there's an abundance of fruit juices and smoothies to drink here at work (I'm going by the rule of thumb that anything liquid is ok as long as it doesn't contain fat or protein; I would put caffeine on that list as well, but I'm thinking that I may be needing caffeine by the end of the day). Of course, the point of fasting is really to deny yourself in order to focus on God, so perhaps the presence of all these crutches isn't a good thing. Deb and I also talked about fasting from watching TV these three days; we usually have the TV on in the background when we work in the evenings. That would probably have as good an impact on our relationship and our spiritual lives as giving up solid food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home